Positive Computing in the Press
- Washington Post - "Positive Computing: The Tech Buzzword You Need to Know for 2015"
- Forbes - "'Positive Computing': The Next Big Thing in Human-centered Design?"
- ContentLoop - "'Positive Computing': The next Big Thing in Human-Centered Design?"
- The Conversation - "We could be superheroes: the era of positive computing"
- PsychCentral "Positive Computing"
- ACM Computing Reviews - Positive Computing - Book Review
- Don Norman, Nielsen Norman Group - "Positive Computing"
- PsychCentral - "Positive Computing: Technology for Wellbeing and Human Potential"
- US Telecom - "The Power of Positive Computing"
Seminars, Workshops & EventsAbout our Workshops | Get notified of upcoming events
Email rafael.a.calvo[at]gmail.com for more information about any upcoming events.
Forthcoming & Recent
Forthcoming & Recent
- CHI 2017: Computing & Mental Health (Workshop)+ Positive Computing (Course)
6-11 May, Denver, CO
- TEDx Haymarket: "It's time for technologies to respect our psychological needs"
Feb 23, Haymarket, Sydney
- Positive Computing Meetup NYC, 10 October NewYork
- Harvard Medical School, 13 October, Boston
- CHI 2016, Computing in Mental Health (Workshop) | Designing Technology for Wellbeing (Course), 7-12 May, 2016
- UNSW, Humans and Machines : A quest for better mental health.15 September,Sydney
- Brain and Mind Centre, Partnering for Mental Health Innovation in Australia and Ibero-America.23 September, Sydney
- Australian Computing and Mental Health workshop at OZCHI
29 Nov. Launceston, Tasmania
- VR in Mental Health Symposium at SMHR 7-9 Dec. 2016. Sydney
- AAAI Spring Symposium Keynote. 23 March, Stanford
- Facebook, Menlo Park, 11am, Tuesday 8th September, 2015
- Yahoo, Sunnyvale, CA, Thursday, 10th September 2015
- University California Santa Cruz, Friday, 11th September. 2015
- MIT Media Lab, Tuesday 4-5:30pm, 15th September, 2015 (details)
- Victoria University, Melbourne. 4th August 2pm (details)
- Melbourne University, 4th August AM. (details)
- Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy, 11th June, 2:30pm (details)
- European digital festival Futur en Seine 2015, Paris, Friday 12 June 11am. (details)
- Delft University of Technology, Delft Netherlands, 15th June 2015 (details)
- What Works Wellbeing Centre, London, Cabinet Office, 17 June (details)
- University College London, 19 June 1pm, 66-72 Gower Street - Room 405 (details)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Peru, Lima, 13 May. (details)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Rio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 14th May.
- Residencia de Australia, Zabala 1900, Belgrano, Buenos Aires, Argentina. 19 May, 2015 (details)
- Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina, CIFASIS, 21 May, 10am
- Universidad Nacional del Litoral, Santa Fe, Argentina 11am 22 May. (details)
- CHI 2015 - Course: "An Introduction to Positive Computing", Seoul, 23 Apr 15
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 17 Apr 15
- University of California, Irvine - Jan 2015
- MIT Media Lab, Boston - 27 Jan 2015
- Northeastern University, Boston - 26 Jan 2015
- Stanford Center for Compassion & Altruism Research & Education - 22 Jan 2015
- UC Berkeley Institute
of Personality and Social Research & Berkeley Greater Good Science
Center - 21 Jan 2015 (Seminar + workshop)
- Google, Menlo Park, Jan 20th, 2015
- Microsoft Research, Seattle, Jan 13 2015 (workshop)
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 12 Jan 2015
- University of Southern California, Institute for Creative Technologies, Los Angeles - December 16th, 2014
- Atlassian, Sydney - Dec 2015 (workshop)
- Dig Festival Newcastle, Australia 16 October, 2014
- Technology, wellbeing and social media - UNSW Brain Sciences, Sydney - 17 October 2014
- Microsoft Research, Seattle - 24 April 2014
- CHI 2014, Toronto 26 April 2014 - Part of Design for Human Autonomy workshop.
- McGill University, Montreal - 5 May 2014.
- Stanford University - 8 May 2014
- Roundtable on Technology to foster wellbeing in schools - University of Sydney - 8th November 2013
- Workshop: Autonomy in Technology Design - University of Sydney, Faculty of Education and Social Work - 16th October 2013
- University of Sydney, School of Electrical and Information Engineering - 23 July 2013 - 9am
- Imperial College London - Computing Dept. (Huxley Building) - 3pm, 31 May 2013
- Ashridge Business School, London - 29th May 2013
- Cambridge Wellbeing Institute, University of Cambridge - 21 May 2013
- Telecom ParisTech - 3 May 2013
- University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory - 21 Feb 2013
- CNRS/Paris South University - 22 March 2013
- University College London - 12 April 2013
- Florida International University - 11 January 2013
- University of Miami - 15 Jan 2013
- McGill University - 11 Dec 2012
- University of Sydney - 14 Nov 2012